These terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and us that governs your use of Line-Up (the “Service”). By using Line-Up, you confirm that you have read these terms and conditions and you agree to comply with them and with any variations made from time to time by us. You also agree that you have read and accepted our privacy and cookie policies.
You will be considered to have read and accepted these terms and conditions, including any changes, each time you use Line-Up. We reserve the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice and at our discretion.
1. Basic Terms
- You are responsible for all Content you post to the Service. “Content” means information, text, images, videos, and any other material in any format. You are also responsible for all consequences of any Content you post. You understand that posting Content means that you are publishing it so that it is freely available to anyone reading this Service, that is, to the general public. You may only post Content which complies with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations, whether national or international. If you are unsure about whether any item of Content violates this Agreement or any applicable law, you should not post it.
- We do not endorse, support, guarantee or make representations as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, truthfulness, objectivity, or reliability of any Content posted on the Service, nor do we endorse any opinions expressed by users.
- We do not monitor, edit, review, control or endorse Content or users, although we reserve the right in our sole discretion to review, edit and/or remove Content which violates this Agreement or to prevent any person from using the Service. As such, we do not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, objectivity, quality or relevance of any Content. You rely on Content at your own risk. In particular, Content and information on the Service is not intended as legal advice, but is for general informational purposes only.
- We will not be liable for any Content posted by you or other users or for any consequences of your using it, relying on it, or communicating it to any third party or parties.
- Should you become aware of any Content which violates this Agreement or any applicable law, or if you have any complaint in relation to the Service, you can notify us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You should notify us immediately if you believe that any Content or information on the Service (a) infringes any rights of any person; (b) is or could be considered defamatory; or (c) is in any way unlawful. We reserve the right to immediately remove any Content brought to our attention under this clause 1.6.
2. Your Rights and Obligations
- When you register, whether in order to create a profile for yourself on the Service or as a general user, you will be asked to create a username and password. You will be required to provide a valid email address. You must keep your registration details, and especially your password, secure and not disclose them to any other person.
- You are responsible for all activity carried out using your registration details, whether or not you have allowed or facilitated it. If you discover or suspect that your registration details are known by a third party or are being used without authorisation, you must tell us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
- You are responsible for your own use of the Service and/or the Service, and for all Content you post to the Service. You understand that such Content will be publicly available and that if it breaches any applicable law or regulation, or if you do not have the right to post it, you bear all responsibility for any consequences thereof. By posting Content, you represent and warrant that you have the rights to make such use of it and to grant the licence in 2.6 below.
- By creating a profile for yourself, you agree that all the information you supply for inclusion on that profile (i) will be available to view by all users of the Service; and (ii) will remain on display at our sole discretion, and you permanently authorise us to use such information in accordance with this Agreement. We will only allow any such information to be removed or edited with our prior approval, and only for limited reasons, including without limitation if it is or becomes inaccurate. For the avoidance of doubt, the confidentiality of such information will not usually constitute a reason for its removal once it has been published on the Service.
- You understand that we do not monitor, edit, review, control or endorse Content posted to the Service by users. When using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise inappropriate. You access and rely on Content on the Service at your own risk.
- You are responsible for keeping back-up copies of all Content you post to the Service. You should not under any circumstances use or rely on the Service as a storage facility for any such Content, as we reserve the right to delete such Content without notice to you.
- You retain all rights in Content posted by you, but by uploading it to the Service, you agree to grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable licence to use, modify, publish, transmit, share, reproduce and exploit such Content in any way we choose.
- You may not use the Service in any way which:
- breaches any applicable law or regulation;
- breaches any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, whether belonging to us or to any third party;
- involves copying, downloading, publishing or distributing any content or information for any purpose not authorised by this Agreement;
- offers, posts, produces or uses any Content or information on the Service for sale, rental, public display or performance, including without limitation posting Content at the instigation of any third party, whether for payment or not;
- breaches or attempts to breach the security of the Service, whether intentionally or not (including but not limited to: modifying or attempting to modify any Information; unauthorised log-ins, unauthorised data access or deletion; interfering with the service, system, host or network; reverse engineering of any kind; spamming; overloading; flooding; hacking; falsifying data; introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other destructive or damaging programs or engines; or testing security in any way);
- involves any ‘intelligent agent’ software, device or means to search or navigate the Service other than the search facilities provided by us;
- violates the privacy or other personal rights of adults or minors (including the disclosure of any confidential or contact information of any person without their or their parent or guardian’s written permission);
- is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, libellous, offensive, sexist, racist or discriminatory;
- impersonates another person, or misrepresents your title or connection with any person or entity, or creates multiple accounts for the same individual user;
- deliberately or recklessly prejudices our reputation; or
- is or appears to be promoting your own products or services or those of any third party, or linking any web-site to the Service.
- You will not post Content that (a) breaches clause 2.8 above; (b) is or is likely to be considered defamatory of any person or entity; (c) is unsolicited commercial email or spam; (d) contains personal insults or attacks, profanity, accusations unsupported by facts or hate speech; (e) is sexually explicit or suggestive (whether text or images), or (e) relates to chain letters or pyramid schemes or advertisements or promotions.
- We will not become involved in any disputes between users. However, where you consider that any user’s actions or behaviour or posted Content may be unlawful, harmful or disturbing, or may breach this Agreement, you should contact us so that we may, in our sole discretion, take such action as we consider necessary.
- You agree that in the event that a dispute arises between you and another User(s), we will not become involved or mediate and will have no liability of any kind in connection with such dispute.
- You agree to indemnify us in respect of any loss, damage, claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service and our Service, any Content you upload to or send via the Service, and any breach by you of this Agreement, whether or not you register with the Service.
- You understand that we may need to contact you in certain circumstances in connection with this Agreement or your use of the Service, for example (and without limitation) if another user has notified us that Content you have posted is in breach of this Agreement, and you may not be able to opt out of receiving such communications from us.
4. Our Rights and Obligations
- We reserve the right to change the nature of the Service or apply or modify rules to your use thereof, at any time and without notice to you. We may take the Service offline, or stop providing the Services, either temporarily or permanently, at any time and at our discretion. We may also temporarily or permanently prevent any user from using the Service, or delete any user’s account and/or any Content posted by such user, or reclaim a user’s username, for any reason, at any time, and at our discretion. We will not be liable to any user(s) for any consequences of our taking any of the foregoing actions.
- We may also access and/or store any Content or information (including personal information) where we consider it necessary in order to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation or legally binding obligation or order; (b) detect, prevent, investigate or address potential or actual security breaches or breaches of this Agreement, or (c) fulfil our obligations under this Agreement.
- The Service may be subject to storage limits and we may restrict users’ access, use of or Content storage capability at any time and without notice.
- Information collected by us for the purposes of creating profiles for venues or performers on the Service will be drawn from material already in the public domain and not subject to copyright.
- Any event and venue content uploaded or submitted by you or collected by The Service will be used to comprise event listings across all titles, publications, websites, apps and alternative media in the Line-Up network.
5. Advertisements and Third-Party Links
- The Services may include content and information submitted and created by advertisers and other third parties, which may be targeted according to the Content or information on the Service, searches or queries made on the Service, or other information. The nature and positioning of advertising on the Service is subject to change at our discretion.
- We are not responsible for either the content of the material provided by such advertisers or third parties or their compliance with voluntary or statutory codes or provisions. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any dealings with such advertisers or third parties.
- Content submitted by you is used across the whole Line-Up network. We are not responsible for the management of advertising across third party sites and you agree that any content that appears on third party sites may be subject to surrounding advertisements.
- You may from time to time be provided with links to other websites through use of the Service. These are provided as a convenience to you and do not imply any endorsement of such websites, their content, or goods and services offered therefrom. These sites are not controlled by us in any way and we are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, legality or any other aspect of these other sites including any content provided on them or goods or services available from them. You access such websites at your own risk.
6. Warranties and Liabilities
- Nothing in the Agreement shall exclude liability for matters which may not be excluded under applicable law, or limit your rights where they may not be lawfully limited, and all other clauses of this Agreement shall be subject to this proviso.
- The Service is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. All conditions, terms, representations and warranties that are not expressly stated in this Agreement, whether oral or in writing or whether imposed by statute or operation of law or otherwise, including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded.
- We make no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations and disclaim all liability in relation to the Service:
- as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, truthfulness, objectivity, or reliability of any Content or information contained on or sent or received from the Service or any website to which it is linked;
- of any particular result or outcome of using the Service, or that either will meet your requirements;
- that the Service or the server that makes it available are error- or virus-free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Our intention is to solicit and supply useful information about events. However, you acknowledge that such information is reliant upon third party contributions, which may be incomplete, biased, out of date or otherwise contain inaccuracies, errors, omissions or misinterpretations. Information and Content appearing on the Service do not constitute an endorsement of any particular event, venue or performer. You should not rely solely on Content obtained from this Service in making a decision on whether to attend the event, but independently verify the accuracy of any such Content before using it.
- You understand and acknowledge that Content posted by other users is the responsibility of the person from which such material originated. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all liability for any illegality arising from such Content, or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such material.
- The Service may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The content may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the content or Service up-to-date or liability for any failure to do so.
- We exclude all liability for any loss, claim, expenses or damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or goodwill or other indirect, consequential or economic losses) directly or indirectly arising out of the use or inability to use the Service or Services or out of any third party’s use of any user account. In addition, we exclude all liability for any Content or information appearing on or sent from the Service, including without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of business, loss of revenue or profits, loss of goodwill, lost opportunity, or any indirect, special, exemplary, consequential, incidental or punitive loss or damage whatsoever arising out of this Agreement, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Intellectual Property
- This Service and any intellectual property belonging to or associated with us, including any trade mark or trade name, logos and software, and all content on the website (including, but without limitation, text, graphics, videos, music, sound and links) is and remains at all times our property and/or is used under licence from our users or affiliates and is protected under international treaty provisions and world-wide copyright laws and you agree that you will not infringe any such rights in any way. Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, none of our intellectual property nor any content of the website may be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or downloaded in any way without our prior written consent.
- Severability: If any provision or part of this Agreement is deemed to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid for any reason, it shall be deemed to have been struck out and the remaining parts or provisions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- No waiver: Any failure by us to enforce any provision of this Agreement at any time shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision and shall not affect our right to enforce such provision.
- Variations: Any terms purporting to vary this Agreement in any written or electronic communication from you are ineffective unless specifically accepted by us in writing as a variation to this Agreement.
- Assignment: You may not transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of your interest in this agreement without our prior written consent.
- Rights of Third Parties: Nothing in the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall operate to give any third party the right to enforce any term of this Agreement.
- Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with English law and any dispute or question in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.